Your privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
FICP gathers three types of information about users:
- Data which is provided by users through membership application and participation in optional surveys. The membership application form requires that users give us contact information (e.g., name and email address). We may use this contact information to send you information about FICP news and events. This contact information may also be used to contact you directly, if necessary. Basic membership information is available for download by planner members and hospitality partners associated with FICP.
- Aggregated tracking data provided by server logs. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information and to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Our server logs may also collect information about the URL which referred you to FICP as well as which pages receive the most traffic. This information helps us offer personalized information to users and better tailor our future content to users' needs. Your information is not used outside of FICP.
- Order forms and registration forms. Our site uses forms so that members/customers can register for FICP events and order FICP products. We collect site visitors' personal contact information (e.g., name and address) and financial information (e.g., credit card number). Contact information is used for administrative purposes such as order fulfillment. Users who register for an FICP event or order FICP products may receive notification of other upcoming events or sales promotions that may be of interest. Financial information collected is used only to bill the user for products and services ordered. No credit card information is kept on file.
This website takes every precaution to protect users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, their information is protected both online and offline. When our forms ask users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), the information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry-SSL. SSL Encryption is a method by which information transmitted across the Internet is scrambled to the point where it’s virtually indecipherable by anyone who should intercept the data before it reaches its destination. Web pages where SSL encryption is activated are typically identified by a lock or key symbol displayed somewhere in your browser. Refer to your browser’s documentation for the specific symbol and location. While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also protect user information offline.
Information Provided to Third Parties
FICP may provide aggregated demographic and site usage information to third parties such as site advertisers.
Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other websites. Linked sites are not under the control of www.ficpnet.com and FICP is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. FICP is not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites or organizations. FICP provides links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by FICP of the company, products, or services offered by that site or organization. If you feel that information found via a link from FICP is offensive or counter-productive to FICP’s mission or values, please contact the webmaster with your concern. Include the full link and the page on the FICP site where the link is listed.
FICP allows its members the option to change or modify information previously provided. This may be done through the following methods:
- Visit the Member Profile section of the site and follow the appropriate instructions
- Email the corrected and/or updated information to FICP headquarters
- Fax your corrections and/or updates to FICP 312-672-6924
- Mail your corrections and/or updates to FICP, 401 N. Michigan Ave., 22nd Fl., Chicago, IL 60611
Unfortunately, to the extent that such information is also stored in other databases (e.g., registration provider), we cannot always ensure that such corrections or deletions will reach the other databases. We will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is removed from or corrected in our records.
Choice; Opt Out
You may opt-out of receiving postal mail, email and/or facsimile communications from FICP by the following means:
- Send an email to FICP headquarters
- Call FICP at 312-245-1023 and request to be removed from FICP postal mail, email and/or facsimile communication lists
- Mail your opt-out request in writing to FICP, 401 N. Michigan Ave., 22nd Fl., Chicago, IL 60611
- Please note that if you opt out, you will not receive important information from FICP regarding your membership and its status.
We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly; but you may still receive promotional information from us by postal mail for up to 60 days due to printing and mailing schedules, and up to 10 days for facsimile and email.
FICP has a discussion forum available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. Participation in the discussion forums is contingent upon your agreement to the Usage Guidelines for those areas.
Change Personal Information
FICP users with password authorization can change their password and other personal information by clicking on "MyFICP" in the main navigation.
Contacting FICP Headquarters
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of FICP, or your dealings with this website, please contact:
401 N. Michigan Ave., Suite 2200
Chicago, IL 60611
312-245-1023 or firstname.lastname@example.org